Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween







Happy Halloween from the West family to all. We started off the festivities with carving pumpkins. They look great if I say so myself. Then is was off to trick or treat. It was a gorgeous night for Trick or Treating. The kids didn't have to wear a jacket or carry an umbrella for the first time I can remember in a long time. As you can tell by the pictures the West family went as the characters from the Wizard of OZ. Josh was the tin man, Anne Mari was Dorthy, Jamee was Glenda the good witch, and daddy was the cowardly lion. I was supposed to be the wicked witch of the West but we couldn't find my costume in our Halloween stuff in time. Oh well. I sat and passed out candy to the little ones in the neighborhood. Although there were more big kids than small ones this year. James took the kids around the big block and I took them around the small block. I was surprised how many houses were not passing out candy. We have enough candy to last a year! Our favorite costumes of the night were the cousins, Lisa, Errol, and Casey. They went as the presidential candidates Hillary, John McCain, and Barack Obama. Casey went Trick or Treating with us and then they took Joshua and Anne Mari with them to a Trunk or Treat activity at their Church. Jamee was too pooped to go with. She is usually the first one to quit. All in all I think it was a great Halloween.

No comments: